The Food Group is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- To foster an awareness of the importance of chemistry in the food chain.
- To encourage interactions between scientists and technologists engaged in food R&D.
- To help transfer such scientific research from ideas to applications.
- The Group organises one-day symposia and longer conferences.
- Two medals, Senior and Junior, are awarded in alternate years to those who have made contributions to the development of the subject area.
We also have an online community, which is based on MyRSC, for anyone who shares our interests.
We are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Free membership of 3 Interest Groups is now included in the cost of RSC membership.
Food Group Aims and Objectives
RSC Food Group History
This document covers 35 years from 1973 to 2008 and provides a historical record of the Chairmen, Hon. Secretaries and Hon. Treasurers of the Group, meetings organised, publications and winners of Food Group Medals.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
MyRSC Food Group
This group is open to anyone with an interest in food science. You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141