The Jon Weaver PhD Prize
Closing date: midnight, 30 March 2013
MacroGroup UK are delighted to announce a new prize – The Jon Weaver PhD Prize sponsored by Synthomer – directed at rewarding the best PhD students in the field of Polymer Science in the UK.
The prize will be awarded to a PhD student who has displayed an outstanding ability across a range of criteria throughout their PhD. The recipient will receive a certificate and will be invited to deliver a prize lecture.
NominationsThe Macro Group UK PhD Prize is open to scientists who have received their PhD from a UK-based institution. Self-nomination is acceptable, however nominations should consist of:
- A covering letter from the nominee (1 page maximum) describing how the nominee fits the selection criterion;
- A letter from the PhD supervisor on headed paper (1 page maximum)
- A letter from the external examiner of the thesis (examiners report is NOT submissable)
- Copy of the letter of award from the University (stating the date of award)
- Thesis abstract
- A brief (1 - 4 page) CV of the nominee including publications list.
The prize will be judged by a sub-committee considering the following criteria:
- Award of PhD between 1 January and 31 December 2012
- Evidence of transition to independence
- Fit to MacroGroup UK remit
- Quality and quantity of publications/outputs
- Novelty of Work
- Communication of Science
The student MUST be a member of MacroGroup to be eligible
Applications must be sent electronically to Dr Dave Adams prior to the deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Contact and Further Information
Dr Dave Adams
2010 - 2013
University of Liverpool