The Medimmune Protein and Peptide Science Award
Awarded in recognition of excellence in any area of protein and peptide science.
- Open to everyone without restriction
- Candidates should be nominated by at least two members of the RSC
- A one page CV for the candidate which should include a website URL, a summary of their education and career, a list of 5 relevant publications and total numbers of publications and patents
- A one page supporting statement from each referee outlining the reason for nomination
- The Award winner will be chosen by a subcommittee of the RSC Protein and Peptide Science Group
- The Award winner will receive £1000, a medal and certificate and will be expected to give a lecture at a meeting organized by the PPSG in the 12 months following the Award
The award is made biennially; nominations for the 2019 award will open in October 2018.
2017 Winner - Professor Ali Tavassoli
Professor Ali Tavassoli
The Protein and Peptide Science Group (PPSG) is pleased to announce that the winner of the 2017 Medimmune Protein and Peptide Science Award is Professor Ali Tavassoli, University of Southampton.
Ali receives this award for his work on genetically-encoded cyclic peptide libraries and their use for identifying inhibitors of a variety of protein-protein interactions. Ali’s work has resulted in several first in class protein-protein interaction inhibitors that are currently being developed towards the clinic.
Professor Ali Tavassoli will give the Pleanary Lecture, at the 2018 PPSG Early Stage Researcher Meeting.
Past winners of the MedImmune Protein and Peptide Science Group Award.