Biophysical Chemistry Group
The Biophysical Chemistry Group is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
Biophysical ChemistryOur field covers a broad spectrum of research activities, with the most common feature that the research seeks to measure, describe and explain physical phenomena in biological systems at the molecular to supra-molecular level.
- To promote and foster links between scientists working in this area and to represent and support the activities of the Biophysical Chemistry Community.
- To collaborate with the Biophysical Chemistry Group (BCG) has arranged to work in partnership with the British Biophysical Society (BBS) as many of our interests and hence activities overlap.
- To create a single integrated community for biophysics in the UK and provide a forum and meetings to actively encourage this.
- The main reason for being a member of the BCG is that we keep you informed of what is going on in the Biophysical Chemistry community.
- Supporting appropriate meetings organised by Group members.You also can apply to the BCG and BBS for support for your meeting, e.g. to sponsor a keynote speaker.
- If a BCG or BBS meeting has membership reductions at meetings then you are eligible for this.
BursariesOne of our main aims is to support younger scientists by offering student bursaries. For more information please contact the Secretary.
Get InvolvedWe are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141