Early Career Network
Previously known as the Younger Member Network, the Early Career Network is a friendly and accessible environment for anyone who:
- is in the early stages of their career
- feels they would benefit from networking within their peer group
- wants to form connections with others who are further ahead in their career
This may include members in industry, teachers, students, academics, as well as members who are returning to work or study following a career break, or those changing career path.
The network is member-led, and activities and events are organised by Early Career Network Representatives. The role of these representatives is to organise activities that further the personal and professional development of those in the early stages of their career, providing opportunities such as:
- peer to peer support
- networking opportunities
- communication opportunities between peers, employers and senior members
- opportunities for presenting work, especially through talks
- opportunities for careers advice and support
- the opportunity to attend conferences
- help and advice when applying for research grants
To find out who your representatives are in your local area, please follow the 'Early Career Network Representatives' link.
If you would like to be a representative and would like to find out more information about this role, please follow the 'Representative Roles and Responsibilities' link.
To find out more about events going on in your local area, please look at our events website or contact the representative in your region.
We are in the process of setting up an Early Career Network Committee to drive forward the network. If you would like to find out more about the committee please follow the 'Early Career Network Committee' link.
Find out who your Early Career Network Representatives are
Find out more about the Early Career Network Committee
More information on the roles of the Early Career Network Representatives
Resources for requesting support and giving feedback on your Early Career Network activities
There are 35 Local Sections throughout the UK and the Republic of Ireland
Contact and Further Information
Ms Marie Chapman
Member Networks Specialist