Problems logging in?
Your login should be as follows:
Username: membership number (first 6 digits)
Password: default is your date of birth (YYYYMMDD format)
If you have previously chosen a new password please use this one.
Please ensure your Internet Security Settings are set to Medium (In Internet Explorer this can be found under Tools > Internet Options > Privacy).
If this does not help, please contact us.
We will check whether your username and password are correct on our system. If they are, we may ask:
- Is this the first time the problem has occurred?
- What date and time did the problem occur?
- What exactly were you trying to access and how far did you get?
- What did the error message say?
- Did you try to connect from home or from work?
- Are you using a PC or Mac, and which browser and version?
In the meantime, we can often offer the same service by another method so do contact us.
Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
Contact and Further Information
Library & Information Centre
Royal Society of Chemistry, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BA
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7440 3373
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7440 3393