Prizes & Awards
Rewarding Excellence and Gaining Recognition
Our Prizes and Awards recognise achievements by individuals, teams and organisations in advancing the chemical sciences. We want to reward those undertaking excellent work in the chemical sciences from across the world.
There are over 60 Prizes and Awards available in the main portfolio, covering all areas of the chemical sciences. So whether you work in research, business, industry or education, recognition is open to everyone.
Only RSC members can nominate for 2014 Prizes and Awards Main Portfolio.
If you are a non-member and would like to nominate please send an email to Awards.
What You Need
- Decide which Prize or Award you wish to nominate for
- Read the nomination guidelines
- Complete your nomination
Main RSC Prizes and Awards portfolio judged by the RSC Awards Working Group and the RSC Divisions. Find out what is open for 2014 nominations
Current and Previous Winners of Main Prizes and Awards Portfolio
- Designed to be of the broadest relevance to the chemical science community as a whole
- Rewarding those whose careers are defined by exceptional work, excellence and dedication
- Winners receive £5,000 and a medal or inscribed memento
Includes nomination requirements, selection procedure and timeframe information on making a nomination for an RSC Prize
- Include many of our more established awards which have been refocused in order to be of even greater relevance to those working in specialist areas
- New awards have been created to reward the excellent work being done in all areas of science
- Winners receive £2,000 and a medal or inscribed memento
Includes nomination requirements, selection procedure and timeframe information on making a nomination for an RSC Award
The nominations for 2014 opened on 1 September 2013.
The nominator will enter Referee details into the online nomination system and the Referees will be sent an email to invite them to submit a reference.
A list of members of the committees responsible for deciding upon Prize and Award recipients.
All RSC Prizes, Awards, Lectureships, Medals and Interest Group Awards listed alphabetically.
Upcoming awards symposia and lecture tours featuring RSC award winners
Listed on this page are awards that changed due to the implementation of a new portfolio of awards in 2008
The Award will be presented in recognition of outstanding scientific contributions in the fields of chemistry and materials sciences. The winner will receive £50,000.
A huge number of individuals promote chemistry to the public and we look to recognise these people.
Prizes and Awards A6 Flyer
Download a PDF copy of the Prizes and Awards 2014 flyer
Prizes and Awards 2014 A4 poster
Download a PDF copy of our Prizes and Awards 2014 poster (A4).
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Milton Road, Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432189
Fax: +44 (0)1223 423623