Prizes & Awards
Rewarding Excellence and Dedication
Our Prizes and Awards recognise achievements by individuals, teams and organisations in advancing the chemical sciences.
There are over 60 Prizes and Awards available, covering all areas of the chemical sciences. So whether you work in research, business, industry or education, recognition is open to everyone.
We want to reward those undertaking excellent work in the chemical sciences from across the world.
Current and previous RSC Prize and Award winners
Upcoming awards symposia and lecture tours featuring RSC award winners
All RSC Prizes and Awards listed by subject
All Prizes and Awards listed alphabetically
The nominator should contact referees once receipt of nomination is acknowledged and inform them that they must provide reports by 31 January
- Designed to be of the broadest relevance to the chemical science community as a whole
- Rewarding those whose careers are defined by exceptional work, excellence and dedication
- Winners receive £5,000 and a medal or inscribed memento
Includes nomination requirements, selection procedure and timeframe information on making a nomination for an RSC Prize
- Include many of our more established awards which have been refocused in order to be of even greater relevance to those working in specialist areas
- New awards have been created to reward the excellent work being done in all areas of science
- Winners receive £2,000 and a medal or inscribed memento
Includes nomination requirements, selection procedure and timeframe information on making a nomination for an RSC Award
The Award will be presented in recognition of outstanding scientific contributions in the fields of chemistry and materials sciences. The winner will receive £50,000.
Lectureships which are jointly organised and administered by the RSC and other chemical science organisations across the world
A huge number of individuals promote chemistry to the public and we look to recognise these people.
Listed on this page are awards that changed due to the implementation of a new portfolio of awards in 2008
A list of members of the committees responsible for deciding upon Prize and Award recipients.
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Milton Road, Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432276
Fax: +44 (0)1223 423623