Guidelines for submitting an abstract
You are asked to follow these guidelines when submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation:
- Abstracts should be no longer than one A4 page in portrait layout
- The title of the abstract should be as concise as possible and should appear in bold, lower case and centred
- Co-authors and affiliations below the title in italics (the main author's name should be underlined, and the name of the presenting author should be marked with an asterisk (*)
- Main body of text to be left aligned
- Single spacing throughout
- References, denoted by superscript numbers in the text, should be listed at the end of the text using standard Chemical Abstracts Source Service Index terminology followed by YEAR, VOLUME, and PAGE
- The use of figures, graphs and schemes is recommended where this aids the understanding of the text
- Abstracts should be sent as an MS Word email attachment to RSC Events(see contact details) with the subject line 'CONFERENCE NAME abstract'
- Please include your full address and contact details of the main author and the presenting author in the email and indicate whether you are submitting an oral or a poster presentation
- Please note there is a 1MB limit for online abstract submission. If your abstract is larger, reduce the file size of your document by compressing the images. If the file size is still greater than 1MB please email without the attachment and we will reply with an email address to which you will be able to send the abstract.
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432254 / 432380
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 423623