Macro2010 was organised by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and hosted by the Pure and Applied Macromolecular Chemistry Group (Macro Group UK), a joint interest group of the RSC and the Society of Chemical Industry (SCI).
Macro2010 had an overall focus on Polymer Science in the Service of Society.
- Delivering New Polymers for Service in Society: Advances in Polymer Chemistry
- Molecular to Macroscopic Behaviour of Polymers
- Sustainability: Renewable Resources and Environmentally-Friendly Polymers
- Polymers in Support of Life
- Functional Polymers for Electronics, Energy and Analysis
- Polymer Science in Everyday Life
- Advances in Colloidal and Nanosize Polymer Materials
- Young Polymer Scientists: Contributions, Nurturing and Networking
Details of the symposia within each of these eight themes and information on plenary speakers is available from the scientific programme pages of the website.
As well as the oral presentations, an important part of the congress was the poster sessions - these presented a great opportunity to network and present your work. Dedicated poster sessions associated with the symposia ran on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons of the congress.
A list of the committee members involved in organising Macro2010
First issue available: Polymer Chemistry
09 February 2010
Read issue 1 free online today.
Macro2010: 43rd IUPAC World Polymer Congress
Publicity flyer available to download
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader