Accredited Degree Programmes
The RSC has accredited degrees in the chemical sciences for many years. We accredit at Bachelors and Masters levels in the UK and internationally. For full details of the criteria please refer to downloadable document on this page.
RSC accreditation has a flexible approach and focuses on learning outcomes allowing for diversity, and modernisation in teaching methods in the UK and globally. RSC accreditation offers many benefits:
- Recognition of high standards and good practice via evaluation from academics at leading institutions around the world.
- Facilitate student & staff mobility to enhance student recruitment in the UK and globally.
- High profile accreditation process offers assurances to prospective employers.
- Provides a mechanism for comparison between leading universities worldwide.
- Transparency and Quality Assurance therefore maintaining standards.
- Access to an international network of chemistry consultants from academia and industry.
- Sharing of best practices from around the world.
- Straightforward access to professional development programmes leading to Chartered status (CChem & CSci).
Networking and Collaboration
- Enhancement of exchange programmes between accredited universities.
- Increased engagement with the RSC.
Graduates who are awarded an RSC accredited degree at Masters level satisfy fully the academic requirements for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Those holding an RSC accredited Bachelors degree partially fulfil these requirements. Every graduate with an RSC accredited degree is eligible for RSC professional membership (e.g. AMRSC).
The RSC is also licensed by The Science Council for registration of Chartered Scientists (CSci). RSC Masters level accredited degrees also satisfy the Scientific Knowledge requirement for CSci.
List of Universities
Links to accredited courses for the 2012 intake. In some cases conditions apply around module selection. Universities are aware of any restrictions and will be able to offer advice.
Develop your skills and gain professional recognition by achieving Chartered status (CChem, CSci)
Accreditation of Degree Programmes
RSC's Accreditation Criteria
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
Admissions and Qualifications
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432316