Malcolm Campbell Memorial Award
The Malcolm Campbell Memorial Award is awarded biennially by the RSC BMCS to commemorate Professor Campbell's outstanding contributions in a broad range of chemistry and their applications to the understanding of bioactivity.
The award comprises £2000 and a medal as well as one free attendance at an RSC BMCS conference in the year of the award.
Malcolm Campbell Memorial Award 2015
The Royal Society of Chemistry Biological and Medicinal Chemistry Sector is proud to announce the winners of the Malcolm Campbell Memorial Prize for 2015.
The prize has been awarded to Miles Congreve, Fiona Marshall and Malcolm Weir for the seminal contributions to GPCR drug discovery made by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd since the company was founded in 2007.
This work has included building the world-renowned StaR© technology platform for X-ray crystallography of GPCRs and the invention of a number of clinical candidates. The winners are particularly commended on their outstanding publication record, and on their willingness to release data into the public domain.
The BMCS Committee wishes to express its gratitude for the high-quality entries from both academia and industry for the 2015 award.
- Submissions are invited from individuals or teams in industry and academia with a British research centre mailing address although work may be from several worldwide groups.
- Seminal publications which may include presentations in the public domain and/or patents from the submitting individual or team relating to work of biological and/or medicinal chemistry interest including discovery, process development, agrochemical and aromachemical research.
- Submissions may be a culmination of a series of papers published in recent years prior to the award.
- Submissions must be accompanied by written permission from Heads of Department or Managers for the release of the work details.
- All submissions should be sent to the Conference Secretariat (preferably by email with attachments in Word format)
Previous Winners of the Malcolm Campbell Award
Development of BrilintaTM/BriliqueTM
Paul O’Neill, Kevin Park and Stephen Ward
University of Liverpool
Research and Development of Anti-Malaria Agents
Lawrence Woo and Barry Potter
University of Bath
Atul Purohit and Michael Reed
Imperial College, London
Discovery of Steroid Sulfatase Inhibitors
Jonathan Bennett, Anton Bom, Alan Muir, Ronald Palin, David Rees and Ming Zhang
Development of Sugammadex
University of St Andrews
Research on Fluorinating Enzymes
Development of CCR5 Antagonists
Malcolm Stevens, Andrew Westwell & Tracy Bradshaw
Cancer Research UK
Discovery of the Anticancer Compound Fortress & Related Work
§ Joint winners
A history of the award is available to download.
Malcolm Campbell Award Winners
Find out more information Malcolm Campbell Award Winners
A History of the Malcolm Cambell Award
Rewarding Excellence in Biological Chemistry” Med. Chem. Commun., 2012,3, 525-527
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
3 East Barn, Market Weston Road, Thelnetham, Diss IP22 1JJ
Tel: 01359 221004