Chemical Information and Computer Applications Group
The Chemical Information and Computer Applications Group (CICAG) is one of the RSC’s many member-led Interest Groups, which exist to benefit RSC members and the wider chemical science community, and to meet the requirements of the RSC’s strategy and charter.
Scope and Aims
The storage, retrieval, analysis and preservation of chemical information and data are of critical importance for research, development and education in the chemical sciences. All chemists, and everybody else who works with chemical substances, need tools and techniques for handling chemical information.
CICAG works to:
- support users of chemical information, data and computer applications and advance excellence in the chemical sciences
- inform RSC members and others of the latest developments in these rapidly evolving areas;
- promote the wider recognition of excellence in chemical information and computer applications at this level.
- Scientific and educational meetings, some of which are at Burlington House, the RSC's London headquarters. Subject areas covered include:
- Chemical information and data management
- Chemistry IT applications and tools
- Future, present and historical developments in chemical data and information
- Student bursaries for undergraduate research projects and attendance of CICAG scientific and educational meetings
- Sponsorship of the Tony Kent Strix Award and other appropriate awards and events
- Biannual newsletters available to all via the link from this web page
- Advising the Royal Society of Chemistry on policies that directly affect CICAG
Get InvolvedWe are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary or Chair.
RSC Information Resources
Do you need information on chemical structures, business, analysis or a famous chemist? Contact Europe's foremost chemical knowledge source or visit the RSC Virtual Library.
RSC members can access premium chemical science full text e-books, journals and databases remotely for free.
A free chemical structure database providing fast text and structure search access to over 28 million structures from hundreds of data sources
CICAG Professional Networking
CICAG on LinkedIn
The CICAG have a group on LinkedIn which has discussions and jobs.
CICAG on Twitter
CICAG can now be followed on Twitter.
CICAG on MyRSC
You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
Annual Report 2015
Download the CICAG's Annual Report 2015
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
Dr Alan Tonge MRSC
45 Byng Road, Barnet, Herts. EN5 4NW
Dr Diana Leitch MBE FRSC
Diana Leitch Information Consulting, 11, Wingate Drive, Didsbury, Manchester M20 2RT
Tel: +44 (0) 161 445 9461
Fax: +44 (0) 161 445 9461
Dr Helen Cooke CChem MRSC