The Historical Group is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- The Group exists to encourage an interest in the history of chemistry and chemical industry among members of the RSC and others.
- The Group maintains contact with colleagues in the Historical Division of the History of the American Chemical Society and the European Association for Chemical and Molecular Science (EuCheMS).
- The Group holds twice yearly meetings when academic papers are presented and discussed.
- Summaries of papers read at these meetings are included in the Historical Group Newsletter along with reviews of recent books on the subject and news of other meetings and future events.
We are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
ORIGINS - a permanent addition to the Catalyst programme: a hands on exhibition looking at the birth of the chemical elements.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Free membership of 3 Interest Groups is now included in the cost of RSC membership.
Annual Report 2012 - Historical Group
Download the full report
Winter 2013 Newsletter
Download the latest newsletter from the Historical Group
Robert Woodward - Chemist Extraordinary
17 May 2013, London. Further Information
RSC Historical Group - Speakers List
List of speakers and presentations available for events
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141