ERA12: An International Symposium on Nuclear & Environmental Radiochemical Analysis
17-19 September 2014
Assembly Rooms, Bath, United Kingdom
This Symposium provides an international forum for presentation of research in all aspects of nuclear and environmental radiochemistry.
This is the twelfth Environmental Radiochemical Analysis symposium (ERA12). The two and a half-day meeting is a well respected international conference and is part of the events program of the Radiochemistry Group of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). In recent years the Group has held these quadrennial symposia at Chester, Oxford, Maidstone, Blackpool and Bournemouth.
Invited speakers' abstracts
- Analytical radiochemistry
- The behaviour of radionuclides in the environment
- Radioactively contaminated land
- Fate of radionuclides in the natural and engineered environment
- Behaviour and analysis of radionuclides in nuclear wastes
- Chair: Paul Thompson, AWE, UK
- Secretary: Peter Warwick, Enviras Ltd, UK
- Treasurer: Tony Ware, UK
- Exhibitions Secretary: Kinson Leonard, Cefas, UK
- Francis Livens, University of Manchester, UK
- Ian Croudace, University of Southampton, UK
- Phil Warwick, University of Southampton, UK
- Dave Wickenden, Magnox Ltd, UK
|Submission of oral abstracts||31 July 2014|
|Submission of poster abstracts|
31 July 2014
|Online Registration Closes|
31 July 2014
Poster presenters are asked to produce posters in A1 portrait with a clear title and names of authors and affiliation under the title. Sponsors of the work should be displayed on the poster. Posters can be attached to a poster board during Wednesday morning and should be removed by the end of Friday morning. A poster session is scheduled from 5 pm on Wednesday 17 September and poster presenters are asked to stand by their poster so that they can answer questions about their presentation.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority have kindly donated a prize of £100 for the best poster presentation which will be judged by representatives of the Organising Committee.
Oral presentations will be a maximum of 20 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for questions. Presentations should be by Powerpoint and presenters are asked to deliver an electronic copy (on USB memory stick) at registration. A microphone will be available.
Contact and Further Information
Mrs Claire Lowe
Department of Chemistry Loughborough University Loughborough Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1509 222581
Fax: +44 (0) 1509 223925