Applied Catalysis Group
The Applied Catalysis Group is one of the many RSC Interest Groups and exists to bring together and cover the interests of all members who have a professional interest in applied catalysis.
- To promote heterogeneous, homogeneous & enzymatic catalysis in a wide range of applications which benefit society: energy, petrochemicals, industrial intermediates, pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, consumer products & environmental protection.
- To share "best practices" for applied catalysis in academic & industrial settings.
- To promote interaction between industry & academia through specialist conferences, training & networking events.
Benefits of Membership
Keeping up to date with catalyst developments in industry and academia.
- Opportunities to present your research within your own community.
- Networking opportunities for collaboration.
- Information about careers related to catalysis.
We offer student discounts and travel bursaries for ACG and other relevant technical events. All members may be eligible for special bursaries up to £500, with consideration given to unemployed, retired and overseas members. Bursaries are limited and are subject to prior application; awards are made at the discretion of the ACG Treasurer.
The Applied Catalysis Group also has bursaries available specifically for members attending the European Congress on Catalysis (Europacat) conference.
Applications for these bursaries, for attendance at Europacat 2017, will open in 2016. Please contact the Secretary in the first instance.
CommunityWe also have an online community for anyone interested in catalysis based on MyRSC.
Get InvolvedWe are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
Join this Interest Group
If you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and would like to join an Interest Group, please contact Membership Department using the email link below with:
- your name
- your membership number
- state the name of the group you wish to join
Annual Report 2017
Download the annual report 2017
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
MyRSC Applied Catalysis Group
You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
External links will open in a new browser window
Contact and Further Information
Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432 141