Main Group Chemistry Award
The Main Group Chemistry Award recognises outstanding research in any aspect of the chemistry of the s and p block elements.
Professor Dominic Wright, University of Cambridge
Rules and Criteria
- Run biennially
- Candidates are NOT permitted to nominate themselves
- Candidates must be in their mid-career, i.e. aged 55 or under. The age specified is intended to guide nominators and selection panelists; appropriate consideration will be given to those who have taken career breaks or followed different study paths.
- One page CV for the candidate which should include their date of birth, website URL, summary of education and career, a list of 5 relevant publications, total numbers of publications and patents
- A one page supporting statement addressing the selection criteria, which can be viewed through the link on this page
- Nominations open on 1 September 2013
- Nominations close on 15 January 2014
- Award winner will be chosen by the Dalton Division Awards Committee
- Award winner receives £2000, a medal and a certificate
A list of previous recipients of the Main Group Chemistry Award, which was formerly called the Main Group Elements Award.
The nominations for 2014 will close on 15 January 2014
Includes nomination requirements, selection procedure and timeframe information on making a nomination for an RSC Award