The Royal Society of Chemistry's Outreach Fund is designed to give financial support to individuals and organisations in order to enable them to run chemistry-based events and activities for public audiences.
There are three categories of grants available:
Small Grant Scheme - up to £2,000*
Medium Grant Scheme - between £2,000 and £10,000
Large Grant Scheme - between £10,000 and £50,000
*Please note that we are currently only accepting applications to the Small Grant Scheme.
The Outreach Fund aims to encourage and support the development of projects that:
- Raise awareness of the place of chemistry in people's everyday lives, especially those not already interested in chemistry, and/or
- Develop the science communication skills of people who are already highly trained in chemistry.
- The Outreach Fund is open to all and provides funding for both individuals and organisations. This includes - but is not limited to - members of the Royal Society of Chemistry, researchers in academia or industry, museums, community groups, not-for-profit organisations and libraries.
- Previous recipients of Royal Society of Chemistry grants are welcome to apply for funding but the assessment panel will look for development of the idea or project in the new application.
- Current members of the Royal Society of Chemistry's Council are not eligible to apply for, or be associated with, an application to the Outreach Fund.
- Applications from outside of the UK or Republic of Ireland must come from a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, or have an RSC member as the main contact.
- The next deadline for applications to the Small Grant Scheme is 31 July 2014.
- Our Medium Grant Scheme and Large Grant Scheme are not yet open to application. Please email your details to the Outreach Team to be notified when applications open.
How to apply for a grant
- To apply to our Outreach Fund Small Grant Scheme, please complete the application form and return to the address at the bottom of this page or email to the Outreach Team.
- Please supply any appropriate documents that may assist the application.
Criteria of grant
- Please download the Grant Scheme Guidelines for a full list of criteria.
Please note that the Public Activities Small Grants Scheme is no longer open for application and will be incorporated into the Royal Society of Chemistry Outreach Fund. If you would like more information about the Outreach Fund, please contact Jonathan Wells, Outreach Team.
Outreach Fund Small Grant Scheme Guidelines
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432694
Fax: +44 (0)1223 426594