Applications for projects to be conducted in 2020 will open on 15 July 2019 and close at 12 noon BST on 23 September 2019.
Apply to the Royal Society of Chemistry's Research Fund for grants of up to £4000 to purchase chemicals and/or equipment for your research project.
The Research Fund enables research with high scientific or societal impact that cannot be funded through mainstream sources of funding. We have identified as priority groups those working in less well-funded institutes, those in developing countries and early career researchers.
The Fund is available to our members at Universities, colleges or research institutes conducting their own research.
Applications are assessed by the Research Fund Working Group, which includes:
- Professor Andy Cammidge, University of East Anglia (chair)
- Dr John Clough, Syngenta
- Dr Sandie Dann, Loughborough University
- Dr Steve Lancaster, Domino Printing
- Dr Katherine Holt, University College London
- Dr Mark Gronnow, Biorenewables Development Centre, York
- Dr James Walton, University of Durham
- Professor Karen Faulds, University of Strathclyde (interim)
- Dr Megan Wright, University of Leeds (interim)
- Dr David Megson, Manchester Metropolitan University
Research Fund criteria
The latest terms of application to the Research Fund.
Research Fund FAQ
Research Fund character referee form
Please use this template to complete your character reference.
Research Fund scientific referee form
Please use this template to complete your scientific reference.
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Submit your application
Research Fund & Undergraduate Research Bursary
Log in or register to create an application
Funding opportunities available from the Royal Society of Chemistry and elsewhere.
Find out more about us and our members
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Milton Road, Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WF, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1223 432453
Fax: +44 (0)1223 423623