What are the benefits?
Our scholars receive:
- a £27,500 tax-free bursary from the Department for Education
- free classroom materials including books, posters and a lab coat
- mentoring by an expert chemistry teacher
- meetings with other scholars from their region
- free online CPD courses focused on active learning in chemistry
- opportunities to represent the Royal Society of Chemistry at meetings and conferences on chemistry and chemistry education.
Our scholars also get free membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry for two years. This includes:
- Education in Chemistry bimonthly magazine, with news, reviews and opinions written by teachers for teachers
- access to Talk Chemistry, our online forum for teachers to share lesson plans, innovative resources and teaching ideas
- access to national and regional networks for chemistry teachers and trainee teachers
- up to a third off books from top scientific publishers.
To find out more about our scholarship, watch the following video.