Am I eligible?
Carefully read the following eligibility criteria before applying for a scholarship. Applicants must:
- intend to take up a training place on a secondary teaching course that leads to QTS (pre-16), to receive scholarship funding and you are not eligible for funding if you plan to take up a place on a QTLS course
- hold a chemistry or related degree with a proven or predicted grade of a 2:1 or above (if you have a 2:2 your application will be considered if you can demonstrate significant relevant experience/subject knowledge)
- or hold a relevant PhD or Master’s degree or recognised equivalent
- or have completed a subject knowledge enhancement course in chemistry before September 2018
- university-led or school-led (fee based, non-salaried) Chemistry ITT course in England for the 2018/19 academic year
- meet the bursary eligibility criteria as set out in the National College for Teaching and Leadership’s bursary guidance.
- be classified as a ‘Home’ student. Refer to the UKCISA website for full details
- be eligible to draw down a tuition fee loan from the Student Loans Company
- have not previously applied for a scholarship in the same academic year
The training place must have been allocated in accordance with the ITT allocations methodology for academic year 2018 to 2019 and must be delivered by an institution accredited by DfE as an ITT provider. Additionally, eligible courses lead, upon completion, to a recommendation, on behalf of the trainee, for the award of QTS.
Please also visit Get Into Teaching for more information and read the full details of eligibility for scholarships here.