What we offer
We offer training vouchers worth up to £1,000 to reimburse the cost of a training course for a staff member at one of our EnterprisePlus companies.
The voucher may be used for technical, business or 'soft skills' training: whichever most closely meets your needs. We offer a dedicated CPD resource that you may find helpful to identify and record your training needs.
Any course from any supplier is eligible. You may wish to look at the list of training courses that have been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry. These are quality training courses for chemical scientists, assessed by subject experts against a broad set of criteria. Please be aware that courses you apply for do not need to have been approved by us.
The success rate for training voucher applications is usually 75-90%.
Find out how our training vouchers scheme has helped the Bio-Analysis Centre move towards GLP compliance here.
Applications are currently open, applications close on Friday the 15th of March.
- The second 2019 application round will open in April.
- The third 2019 application round will open in June.
- The final application round for 2019 will open in August.
Each round will be open for applications for approximately four weeks.
We will inform you of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date.
Before you begin
The application form should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete.
To complete the application form, you will need:
- contact details for you, your line manager, and your company.
- the title, cost and provider of the proposed training course.
- a short business case for the training.
- what plans the company has in place to record the individual’s and company’s training needs.
You are eligible to apply for a training voucher if:
- you are a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and
- are employed by an EnterprisePlus company.
You may apply for a training voucher while your application for EnterprisePlus or Royal Society of Chemistry membership is still pending, but we will not offer the training voucher until your membership is confirmed.
For information about becoming a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, please see our membership pages.
Each EnterprisePlus company may apply for one training voucher per application period (the time between assessment dates), and companies that have not previously received a training voucher will be given priority over those that have.
Contractors and students on placement are not eligible for the scheme.
The vouchers cannot be used for conferences.
Full terms and conditions can be found on our online application form.