A dedicated education website
Our education website brings together all our online support for chemistry teaching in one place. That’s the place to go for:
- thousands of free teaching resources – featuring everything from practical experiments and simulations to tutorials, quizzes, games and videos
- professional development support for teachers – including online courses
- the UK Chemistry Olympiad
- our Teach Chemistry service for teachers
and much, much more. Why not take a look?
Post-lockdown teaching support
Ideas and resources for heading back to the classroom during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Visit our new webpage regularly for the latest resources, support, hints and tips.
We believe everyone should have access to a high quality chemistry education that’s engaging, stimulating and relevant.
And, as a not-for-profit organisation, we exist to support future generations of scientists – for the future of science and the enrichment of our world.
Read on to find out about a few of the ways we support chemistry education both domestically and internationally.
Our programme to support UK and Ireland-based secondary teachers and technicians in the classroom and the staffroom. Register for Teach Chemistry to gain access to:
- an online school account for easy resource sharing among colleagues
- our curriculum explorer tool that finds resources for your course specification
- free access to our online PD courses until 31 August
- invitations to exclusive local events
- national and regional newsletters
- Education in Chemistry magazine sent to your home address, free of charge
Education in Chemistry
Education in Chemistry (EiC) is an online and print magazine that features ideas, teaching guides and resources, providing valuable support to chemistry and science teachers working at all levels.
Regional education coordinators
Our education coordinators are based across the UK and Ireland, and offer local support to everyone involved in teaching chemistry and primary science.
The coordinators in your area can answer your questions, suggest support, and arrange training, networking and outreach opportunities for you.
Professional development for teachers
We know that well-rounded professional development knits into every facet of a teacher’s role, whatever their career stage.
That’s why we provide a CPD programme that supports a holistic approach to professional development. We offer a wide range of CPD opportunities to suit individual teachers’ needs. This includes face-to-face courses, online courses and other forms of teacher professional development. So, whether you’re looking to brush up on a particular topic, sharpen your classroom skills or become a Chartered Science Teacher, we’ve got you covered.
Yusuf Hamied Inspirational Chemistry Programme
Philanthropist and healthcare pioneer Dr Yusuf Hamied’s generous donation enabled us to launch the Yusuf Hamied Inspirational Chemistry Programme for school students in India. Over the next five years, we aim to:
- equip 8,000 teachers across India with the specialist knowledge and skills to deliver exciting and engaging chemistry lessons, and to share their knowledge with their colleagues.
- provide 1,600 of the brightest chemistry students from all backgrounds with places at chemistry camps to motivate and inspire them to reach the necessary standards to study chemistry at university.
Chemistry: Making the difference
Discover our new campaign called Chemistry: Making the difference, with videos and career profiles showing the wide range of possibilities available to people who have studied chemistry. These resources are ideal for anyone considering their options for the future or supporting a young person to do so.
Interactive periodic table
Take a look at our interactive periodic table complete with element scarcity (SRI), discovery dates, melting and boiling points, group, block and period information.