Rapid communication of research in medicinal chemistry
MedChemComm is a multi-disciplinary journal which publishes both highly-significant research in traditional areas of medicinal chemistry and cutting edge work in new or interdisciplinary areas. The journal's mission is to broaden the field of opportunity for medicinal chemists, bringing new thinking to the subject and challenging perceptions of what is possible in drug discovery. Research in other disciplines which has an impact or application in medicinal chemistry is particularly welcomed and encouraged.
Dr Anthony Wood, Pfizer, USA
Professor Greg Verdine, Harvard University, USA
MedChemComm welcomes highly significant research and review articles in medicinal chemistry, drug discovery, pharmacology and pharmaceutical research, including research which interfaces with other areas of the chemical sciences, biology, materials science or physics.
Examples of areas included within the journal's scope are:
- Chemical biology studies that enable drug discovery
- Novel technologies in areas such as biomaterials and nanotechnology that have potential application in drug discovery,
- Modifications of known chemical or biochemical entities that significantly improve pharmacological properties
- Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel chemical or biochemical entities which exhibit significant potential as new pharmacological agents, probes and/or potential drugs
- Computational, biophysical, physicochemical, molecular biological, proteomic studies of chemical or biochemical entities and their interaction within their biological environment
- Pharmacokinetic behaviour, pharmacodynamics, and drug safety and toxicology
Concise Article: For the presentation of new results. Generally between 3 and 7 journal pages in length.
Review: Critical reviews of key areas of medicinal chemistry research.
* Fast publication
* Free colour online (and in print where it enhances scientific understanding)
* Worldwide readership
* Top articles publicised in the wider scientific media
Partial impact factor: 2.800
MedChemComm is the official journal of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC).
About the partner society
The European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC), founded in 1972, represents 25 scientific organisations from 23 European countries. Its objective is to advance the science of medicinal chemistry by promoting cooperation and encouraging contacts and exchanges between medicinal chemists in Europe and around the World. Important activities of the EFMC comprise the organisation of international scientific meetings and short courses, the sponsorship of medicinal chemistry schools, and the publication of MedChemWatch. The EFMC also acknowledges the excellence of medicinal chemists' work by conferring three major awards: the Nauta Award on Pharmacochemistry, the UCB - Ehrlich Award for Excellence in Medicinal Chemistry and the Prous Institute - Overton and Meyer Award for New Technologies in Drug Discovery.
View our latest Review articles
View our latest Hot articles
MedChemComm's most accessed
View our Top 10 most downloaded articles
External links will open in a new browser window
MedChemComm Guidelines for Authors
Guidelines for Review submission
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader