Exploring the underlying science behind the function, interactions and design of biomaterials
About Biomaterials Science
Biomaterials Science is an international, high impact journal exploring the underlying science behind the function, interactions and design of biomaterials. Its scope encompasses insights into the chemistry, biology and materials science underpinning biomaterials research, new concepts in biomaterials design, and using materials to answer fundamental biological questions.
It publishes primary research and review-type articles which advance fundamental understanding in areas including:
- Molecular design of biomaterials, including proof of concept studies
- Science of cells and materials at the mesoscale
- Materials as model systems for stem cell biology
- Materials for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- Materials and Systems for Therapeutic Delivery
- Interactions at the biointerface
- Biologically inspired and biomimetic materials, including bio-inspired self-assembly systems and cell-inspired synthetic tools
- Next-generation tools and methods for biomedical applications
Why Publish with Biomaterials Science?
RSC journals are renowned for their high quality, rapid publication and innovative technology.
Biomaterials Science authors will benefit from:
- Rapid publication times
- Open-access options via RSC Open Science
- Simple and effective online submission process
- Free electronic reprints (pdf) of own paper
- Free use of colour
- No page charges
- No page limits
Biomaterials Science will publish communications, papers, reviews and mini-reviews.
Academic, government and industrial scientists from materials science, medical science, biology, chemistry, (bio)physics and engineering.
The journal is a collaborative venture between the Royal Society of Chemistry and the Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan.
Register for email alerting services about our activities and publications (including Journal Table of Contents alerts, eBook Collection alerts and newsletters).
Also of interest
High impact applications, properties and synthesis of exciting materials for biology and medicine
Biomaterials Science Blog
For more information on the scope of Biomaterials Science and example papers from the journal
Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
Link to the Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
External links will open in a new browser window