Dr Jon Rourke CChem MRSC
For dedication to the planning, organising and running of the Dalton Joint Interest Group Meeting.
I was very pleased to receive this Award - it's gratifying to get some "official" recognition of the value of what we did. All the hard work Prof Mike George and I did in setting up the original meeting has definitely been worthwhile. The initial support from Prof Peter Tasker and the David Cole-Hamilton has helped the Dalton 20xx meetings to become the largest UK based Inorganic Chemistry conference. I would like to thank them for the role they played too.
Dr Jon Rourke CChem MRSC
- BSc Chemistry, University of Sheffield, 1986
- PhD, University of Sheffield, 1989.Thesis Title: "New Types of Co-ordination Complexes of Pd(II) and Pt(II): Polymeric and Liquid Crystalline Materials". Supervisor: Professor P M Maitlis FRS
- DSc University of Warwick, 2005.
- From January 2019: Reader, School of Chemistry, Cardiff University.
- September 2015 Reader, Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick.
- September 2003 Senior Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick.
- August 1994 Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick.
- September 1993 Lecturer, School of Chemistry, University of Bristol.
- March 1992 to July 1993: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Chemistry Department, University of Sheffield. Working with Dr D W Bruce.
- November 1989 to May 1991: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Chemistry Department, University of Western Ontario, Canada. Working with Professor R J Puddephatt.
- G E Ball, T Darwish, S Geftakis, M W George, D J Lawes, P Portius and J P Rourke. "Characterization of an Organometallic Xenon Complex using NMR and IR Spectroscopy"; Proc. Nat. Acad. Science USA, 2005, 102, 1853-1858.
- S H Crosby, G J Clarkson and J P Rourke. "A delicate balance between sp2 and sp3 C-H bond activation: a Pt(II) complex with a dual agostic interaction."; J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131, 14142-14143.
- P A Shaw, G J Clarkson and J P Rourke. "Reversible C-C bond formation at a triply cyclometallated platinum(IV) centre"; Chem. Sci., 2017, 8, 5547-5558. DOI: 10.1039/C7SC01361B
- J P Rourke, P A Pandey, J J Moore, M Bates, I A Kinloch, R J Young and N R Wilson. "The real graphene oxide revealed: stripping the oxidative debris from the graphene-like sheets"; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2011, 50, 3173-3177.
- H R Thomas, A J Marsden, M Walker, N R Wilson and J P Rourke. "Sulfur functionalised graphene oxide via epoxide ring-opening"; Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 7613-7618.
Contact and Further Information
Royal Society of Chemistry, Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 432269