Authors of articles accepted for publication can receive their proofs through Proof Central, a system which gives authors flexibility on how to supply their proof corrections, and provides a faster, easier way to correct their article. Proof Central allows authors to carry out the following:
- Apply corrections directly to the text of the HTML version of their article using the insert/delete functions
- Provide instructions on any corrections required to figures, schemes, MathType equations and table formats
- Directly edit table contents and footnotes
- Upload revised figures and schemes with comments
- View and answer the editor’s queries in context
- Download a PDF version of the proof
- Download a summary of all the corrections made or requested
The corresponding author will receive a link to access the proof; they are strongly encouraged to share this with their co-authors so that all authors can review the article. There is a systematic guide on how to use Proof Central available via the help button in the top right-hand corner of the web page.
Authors do not need to make all corrections in one go; they can save the corrections and return later to complete them. Authors can make corrections using a range of editing and formatting tools, easily accessible in the Proof Central interface.
Alternatively, authors can still supply proof corrections by annotating the PDF and uploading this version to the Proof Central website for an editor to apply the corrections on their behalf.
After submitting corrections, it will not be possible to re-access the system to make any further changes.
Proof central provides authors with a user-friendly interface to help them manage their proofs and corrections. We look forward to receiving your feedback.