Call for nominations for our Early Career medal award 2023 - find out more
Food Group Schools Poster Competition 2023
Please note, entries have now closed and winners will be announced here shortly.
The RSC Food Group with sponsorship from Mondelēz are pleased to announce their Schools Poster Competition for students from 14-18. This year's theme is "The Chemistry of Good Chocolate".
RSC Food Group Schools Poster Competition flyer
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Groups of 2-3 students from a single UK-based school per poster
- Posters can be digital or hand-drawn, and had to be submitted to email@example.com by end of 30 June 2023
- The winners will be announced by 31 July 2023, with the prize session to be delivered in September/October 2023 (exact date to be agreed with the winners and Mondelēz)
- All posters must be original, although research on the topic is encouraged
- Judging will be carried out by the RSC Food Group and will be based on:
- originality of the poster
- clear communication of the message/research
- relevance to the theme
The winning students, plus their teacher, will get to spend half a day at Mondelēz Research and Development, the home of Cadbury, where they'll get to hand temper and mould some different chocolates, along with a technical discussion of the chemistry happening during chocolate tempering, moulding and eating! Travel expenses of up to £800 will be covered as part of the prize.