BSc MSc PhD CChem FRSC
My background is in the application of analytical chemistry to studies on dietary exposure, toxicology, environmental pathways, environmental monitoring, food authenticity, ecotoxicology, risk assessment and contingency responses for environmental contaminants in food. Former head of National Reference Laboratory for chemicals in food.
Consultancy: Areas of specialism / expertise:
• Reviewing research programmes and projects
• Advice and consultancy
• Risk assessment of food chemicals
• Persistent organic pollutants
• Laboratory audits and advice – trace and ultra-trace analysis
• Food Control and Regulation – contaminants in food
• Environmental contaminants
Currently working with Fera Science Ltd including UK National Reference Laboratory activities, work on EU funded projects and expert review activities
Member of EFSA CONTAM panel responsible for risk assessment of food contaminants (2015-2018), and currently member of sveral EFSA Working
Monitoring and review of research projects and applications e.g. for European Commission FP7; H2020 and Marie Curie training Networks.
Working with UN (FAO and ITC) on improving food control systems in Central Asia.