Selection Criteria and Judging Panel
Our selection committees base their evaluations primarily on the overall quality of relevant contributions made by nominees and not on quantitative measures. In your nomination, you should show how the nominee demonstrates one or more of the selection criteria below. Nominees do not have to demonstrate all of the selection criteria in order to be considered for the prize.
The selection committee will consider the following aspects of nominations for this prize:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in delivering or supporting teaching and/or assessment of science.
- Contributing to the design of an innovative and effective science curriculum.
- Enthusing pupils through practical science.
- Raising the profile of chemistry in the curriculum and through extra curricular activities so that pupils are inspired to become more aware of chemistry and its relevance to society.
- Championing inclusion and diversity in science education.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Other indicators of esteem indicated by the nominee/nominator.
Education Division Awards Committee
- Dudley Shallcross, University of Bristol (chair)
- Trevor Carey, University College Cork
- Craig Early, Wygate Park Academy
- Samia El-Ali, Claremont High School
- Niki Kaiser, Notre Dame High School
- Katharine Pemberton, Modbury Primary School
- Lizzy Ostler, University of Brighton
- David Read, University of Southampton
- Jacquie Robson, Durham University
- Susan Weavers, Newham Collegiate
- Dylan Williams, University of Leicester