Selection Criteria and Judging Panel
The selection committee will primarily consider the impact that nominees have had in their workplace, and/or on the wider technical landscape. Supporting statements should focus on this.
Nominees may have demonstrated impact in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following. Nominees do not have to demonstrate all of these to be considered for the prize.
- Application of knowledge and understanding – developing technical skills and knowledge that informs decisions, supports work and solves problems
- Professionalism – working with autonomy, accountability, integrity, organisation and attention to detail
- Communication skills and teamwork
- Contributing to a sustainable future
Technical Excellence Prizes Committee
- Paul Brewer, National Physical Laboratory (Chair)
- Ian Ball, Johnson Matthey
- Berceste Beyribey Price, Department for Energy Security and Net Zero
- Oscar Kelly, BYK Additives
- Katty O'Brien-Quilty, Thames Water