The Jon Weaver PhD Prize
Closing date: midnight, 30 March 2019
MacroGroup UK are delighted to announce a new prize – The Jon Weaver PhD Prize sponsored by Synthomer – directed at rewarding the best PhD students in the field of Polymer Science in the UK.
The prize will be awarded to a PhD student who has displayed an outstanding ability across a range of criteria throughout their PhD. The recipient will receive a certificate and will be invited to deliver a prize lecture.
NominationsThe Macro Group UK PhD Prize is open to scientists who have received their PhD from a UK-based institution. Self-nomination is acceptable, however nominations should consist of:
- A covering letter from the nominee (1 page maximum) describing how the nominee fits the selection criterion;
- A letter from the PhD supervisor on headed paper (1 page maximum)
- A letter from the external examiner of the thesis (examiners report is NOT submissable)
- Copy of the letter of award from the University (stating the date of award)
- Thesis abstract
- A brief (1 - 4 page) CV of the nominee including publications list.
The prize will be judged by a sub-committee considering the following criteria:
- Award of PhD between 1 January and 31 December
- Evidence of transition to independence
- Fit to MacroGroup UK remit
- Quality and quantity of publications/outputs
- Novelty of Work
- Communication of Science
The student MUST be a member of MacroGroup to be eligible
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Contact and Further Information
Dr Valeria Arrighi CChem FRSC
Heriot-Watt University (Committee Service: 2013 - 2019)