Maintaining your CChem status
Keeping your knowledge and skills up to date is essential in a fast-changing world. And, like most professional awards, it's a mandatory requirement to commit to continuing professional development (CPD) to maintain your CChem status. We offer members a free CPD recording tool to make this easier.
You may be selected for revalidation or you may choose to revalidate. If you are selected for revalidation, you'll be asked to submit a report describing:
- your CPD plans
- your relevant learning activities, linked to the 14 attributes, in three of the following five areas:
- work-based learning (for example, supervising staff/students, reflective practice)
- professional activity (involvement in a professional body, mentoring)
- formal/educational (writing articles/papers, further education)
- self-directed learning (reading journals, reviewing books/articles
- other (voluntary work, public service)
When you complete the revalidation process, you'll have the opportunity to request a tailored one-to-one consultation with our careers team to help you meet your development goals.