Renewing your registered status
You'll be asked if you want to renew your RSciTech status when you receive your Royal Society of Chemistry membership renewal. The retention fee for RSciTech is £16.40, paid annually with your membership fee.
All Registered Science Technicians commit to continuous professional development (CPD) to maintain their registered status – it's a mandatory requirement. To make this easier, we offer our members a free CPD recording tool.
CPD enables you to take charge of your career. By keeping track of your professional development you can identify gaps in your knowledge and opportunities to learn new skills. And in a fast-changing world, keeping your skills up to date is essential.
Every year, we also select a random sample of members for revalidation. If you're selected, we'll contact you to explain the process. Please make sure you provide all the information required and return to us by the deadline given. You'll be asked to describe your relevant learning activities in three of the following five areas:
- work-based learning (eg, supervising staff/students, reflective practice)
- professional activity (involvement in a professional body, mentoring)
- formal/educational (writing articles/papers, further education)
- self-directed learning (reading journals, reviewing books/articles)
- other (voluntary work, public service)
Please read our revalidation guidance – it'll help you to complete the revalidation process.