Remote access to RSC content
You can find details about how to access information remotely in this step-by-step guide. The guide will also help if for any reason you have difficulty accessing the content you want.
If you are using Google Chrome and experience issues accessing content we recommend clearing cache and cookies which should resolve the problem.
Our books provide in-depth, up-to-date and authoritative coverage across the chemical sciences and related areas, making them valuable references for students, researchers and scientists in academia and industry. Our editors and authors are leading scientists and experts in their profession from across the globe.
What we publish
We publish different types of books for all audiences and individuals, from critical assessments of the latest advances in a specific research field, to introductions to topics for non-experts.
Professional reference books
These books are written for researchers, industrialists and postgraduates, and provide comprehensive treatments of key research areas. They cover topics from the fundamental principles to the most recent advances in rapidly-developing fields. Topics include: energy and sustainability, food, health, materials science, biochemistry, physical chemistry, and analytical scienceBrowse our current book series
Specialist Periodical Reports (SPRs)
This unique series of books offers annual summaries of the current state of research in a given topic.
Our textbooks provide both subject-specific support for undergraduate and graduate courses, and informative introductions to a field for self-study.
Popular science books
Aimed at general readers, these books introduce people to the chemical sciences, showing their importance and impacts on our lives.
In addition, please contact us if you are interested in working with us to publish a conference proceeding, import, or discuss a co-publication arrangement.
Browse popular science books
Why publish with us?
Our editorial team combines both significant experience of the book publishing industry with subject expertise in the chemical sciences and related fields. As an editor or author, we will be consistently available to support and guide you through the full publication process for you book.
The relevance and quality of our books is important to us, and each proposed book undergoes a peer review process. Our commissioning editors work with editors and authors to develop their ideas for books, and ensure the published title will reach the relevant audience and fulfil its potential impact.
Once approved, we provide support through the writing and editing process, and then our specialised production staff take over once the manuscript is submitted.
- Assistance for gaining necessary permissions and understanding the sometimes complicated copyright challenges around re-use of figures
- Full copy-editing, typesetting and indexing for manuscripts
- Cover design service – working with you to develop the most appealing design for your book
- Complimentary copies sent upon publication (as agreed in your contract)
Your book will be:
- Available electronically across a range of formats (PDF, HTML, EPUB), and discoverable through multiple indexing and aggregating services and databases, such as Clarivate’s Books Citation Index, SciVerse Scopus, Google Books, Amazon Search Inside Service.
- Marketed globally in our catalogues, through targeted email campaigns and at conferences. We can also provide promotional PowerPoint slides and flyers on request.
In addition, our book authors and editors are eligible for a 35% discount on the book they contributed to, and a 25% discount on all other Royal Society of Chemistry books.
Interested? Propose a book idea
Keep up to date with our new books
You can easily stay in touch with us and find out about book releases, reviews, upcoming events and the latest news.
- Find us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter @RoySocChemBooks
- Get RSS feeds from the RSC Books Blog
Contact the books team
- Send us an email
Contact the book sales team
- Send us an email