The RSC Hong Kong section was established in 2008. The set-up of the RSC Hong Kong Section is in no way intended to detract from the Hong Kong Chemical Society, but to reinforce it for the better promotion of chemical sciences in Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong Section thanks the local members for their support in the past years and hopes that they will continue to participate in the activities. Suggestion and comments for the improvement of services are always welcomed.
Every year, the RSC Hong Kong Section organizes a number of activities, including:
- Hong Kong Chemistry Olympiads for universities
- A visit to electricity power plant, gas utilization plant or industry site of interest
- Modern Chemistry Lectures for Secondary School Students
- Contemporary Chemistry Lectures for Secondary School Teachers
- RSC Hong Kong Section AGM
- A Public Lecture on Chemistry and Society