The Chemical Biology and Bioorganic Group (CBBG) of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for new committee members who would like to get involved in, and take responsibility for, the delivery of CBBG’s mission.
We expect that CBBG committee members:
- Are members of the RSC (of any category)
- Serve a maximum of two consecutive terms of four years
- Get involved in and actively contribute to committee meetings (3-4 p.a.)
- Attend at least one RSC CBBG event per year
- Contribute to delivery of events where possible (abstract selection, poster and talk judging, chairing, etc.)
- Co-organise at least one RSC CBBG event during their tenure
- Communicate with other committee members (for example, via a dedicated MS Teams channel)
- Project a positive, inclusive environment
- Promote the Group’s activities (through social media, etc.)
For more information, or to apply, please contact the Secretary Dr Robin Bon via the form below by Monday 17 May. We are especially interested in applications from industry, as well as academic institutions or regions that are currently not represented on the committee. We particularly encourage applications from backgrounds currently underrepresented in STEMM.
If you are unable to put yourself forward at this time but would like to join the committee in the future, please know that the CBBG committee will always consider enthusiastic members. You can contact the Secretary below for more information or to get involved.
Current CBBG officers:
Manuela Tosin (University of Warwick)
Robin Bon (University of Leeds)
Sarah Barry (King's College London)
Ellen Gallimore (UCB)
Benjamin Schumann (Francis Crick Institute and Imperial College London)
Chair of Travel Grants Committee
Andrew Wilson (University of Leeds)