The Law Group is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
The mission of the proposed Law Group is to encourage any individual having both a qualification as a legal practitioner or an interest in the law and a background or interest in chemistry to be involved with the activities of the RSC.
- To provide members of the Law Group and the RSC membership at large with high quality, inter-disciplinary programs, symposia, and publications in the above areas.
- To advise the Society on issues involving the interaction of chemical science and the law.
- To expose RSC members (chemical scientists, chemical engineers, and students) to alternative career opportunities which provide an interdisciplinary challenge, between chemical scientists and its application to areas of law, and between law and its applications to chemical science.
- To encourage networking, collaboration and the exchange of information amongst members of the Law Group and other relevant groups.
- Intellectual property
- Contract law
- Regulatory law
- Trade marks
- Employment agreements
- Professional ethics and liability
- Product liability
- Expert witnesses
- Chemical consulting
- Chemical health and safety
- Chemical information
- Forensic chemistry
- Food and drug law
- Administrative law and rule making
- Licensing and technology transfers
- Environmental safety
- Environmental litigation
- Designs (eg oil industry equipment)
- Confidential information/trade secrets
- Security issues (such as testing for explosives, a DNA database, chemical and nuclear weapons)
How to Join
RSC members can join the Law Group by updating their details in the “My communities and subscriptions” tab of the online RSC membership area. Please click here to login and add to your list of Interest Groups.
Forthcoming events organised by the Law Group.
Contact the Secretary
For further information on the Law Group you can contact the Secretary, Ms Rebecca Halford-Harrison MRSC.
Connect with us
Connect with the Law Group on LinkedIn.
Support for interest groups
Useful information and resources for all RSC interest groups.
Dr Oliver Rutt MRSC
Ms Rebecca Halford-Harrison MRSCContact the secretary
Dr Robert Whittock MRSC