Early Career Researcher Bursaries
The Molecular Spectroscopy Group (MSG) is pleased to announce the launch of our first formal bursary program. The program is available to our members who are early career researchers and they will be able to apply for a fixed value bursary to support either travel to, or registration for an appropriately focused meeting in the area of Molecular Spectroscopy. Applications for bursaries can be made at any reasonable time before a conference, and will be reviewed quarterly:
- 31 January
- 30 April
- 31 July
- 31 October
- A maximum of 8 fixed value bursaries will be made available throughout the year.
- Applications are open to Early Career Researchers based in a UK university or research institute.
- Applicants must present at the conference/meeting (oral or poster) and their application for a bursary must be accompanied by an abstract and a brief justification for their application request.
- All successful applicants are expected to provide a 1/2 page meeting report summarising the content of the meeting which will be posted on our website.
- Applicants should declare any other sources of funding toward attending a conference/meeting.
- Applicants must provide contact details for their academic supervisor.
- Applicants must be members of both the Royal Society of Chemistry and the Molecular Spectroscopy Group. You can join the group by emailing the RSC Membership Department.
Applications are to be made by emailing the completed application form the Secretary, please include MSG bursary application in the subject.
Bursaries will be paid to successful applicants on receipt of proof of travel/registration. In the event that the recipient is unable to attend the meeting the full value of the bursary payment must be returned to the committee.
Early Career Researcher Bursary Application Form