The Process Chemistry and Technology Group (PCTG) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- Identify and share important scientific advances in the application of the chemical sciences with RSC members
- Implement best practice within the profession
- Help to develop the skills and capabilities of RSC members throughout their careers as they study or work in the Process Industries
We define Process Chemistry and Technology to be the application of the chemical sciences and engineering to the design, development and support of production, process, quality and technical systems in industry.
Process Chemistry and Technology encompasses:
- All aspects of the manufacture of raw materials, chemicals, foods, pharmaceuticals and other formulated products and their intermediates from new product research though to quality control
- Chemical treatments during the manufacture of components and finished goods
- The treatment and handling of materials and wastes within the utilities and manufacturing sectors
- The implementation of regulatory, environmental and human safety standards
Organise scientific meetings, technical visits and workshops
- Disseminate best practice and advanced applications in chemical technology and manufacturing industry
- Provide a focal point within the RSC for Control, Process, and Chemical Engineers
How to Join
RSC members can join the Process Chemistry and Technology Group by updating their details in the “My communities and subscriptions” tab of the online RSC membership area. Please click here to login and add to your list of Interest Groups.
Process Chemistry and Technology Group Website
Find out more about the activities of the group.
Forthcoming events organised by the Process Chemistry and Technology Group.
Contact the Secretary
For further information on the Process Chemistry and Technology Group you can contact the Secretary, Dr jade Markham CChem MRSC.
Support for interest groups
Useful information and resources for all RSC interest groups.
Dr Philip Kay CChem MRSC
Dr Jade Markham CChem MRSCContact the secretary
Dr Mark Hughes MRSC