The Radiochemistry Group is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- To promote, educate, practice and collaborate in the chemistry of radioisotopes.
- Encourage, assist and extend the knowledge and study of radiochemistry.
- Provide an opportunity for members of the Group to increase their knowledge and to enhance their professional capacity by, for example holding meetings.
- Support networking, the exchange and dissemination of information.
- Assist in the public understanding of the social, educational and economic importance of radiochemistry.
The Radiochemistry Group supports all areas of chemistry involving the use of radioisotopes including:
- Medical/Pharmaceutical uses of isotopes in imaging and therapy.
- Understanding the behaviour and transport of natural and anthropogenic radionuclides in the environment and application of radionuclides as tracers of natural phenomena.
- Understanding (studying) the coordination chemistry of the radioactive elements.
- The production, standardisation and use of radioactive isotopes.
- Analytical measurement and application of radioisotopes.
- Regulating handling and disposal of radioisotopes.
- Waste management and remediation of land contaminated by radioactivity.
- The use of radionuclides in nuclear energy production.
- Safeguards in the non-proliferation of nuclear materials.
We also have an online community, which is based on MyRSC, for anyone who shares our interests.
We are always looking for new members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.
We also encourage you to connect with us on Facebook.
How to Join
RSC members can join the Radiochemistry Group by updating their details in the “My communities and subscriptions” tab of the online RSC membership area. Please click here to login and add to your list of Interest Groups.
Information about current awards offered by the Radiochemistry Group.
Forthcoming events organised by the Radiochemistry Group.
Contact the Secretary
For further information on the Radiochemistry Group you can contact the Secretary, Dr Sarah Wallace MRSC.
Support for interest groups
Useful information and resources for all RSC interest groups.
MyRSC Radiochemistry Group
This group is open to anyone with an interest in radiochemistry. You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group
EuCheMS Division on Nuclear and Radiochemistry
Promotes co-operation in Europe between non-profit-making scientific and technical societies in the field of chemistry.
Mr Mike Collins BSc CChem MRSC
Dr Richard Marsh MRSC
Dr Sarah Wallace MRSCContact the secretary