The Spectroscopy and Dynamics Group (SDG) is one of the Royal Society of Chemistry's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
To promote the interests of molecular spectroscopists, photochemists and reaction dynamicists, especially those involved in high resolution studies (energy, spatial and/or time) of contemporary problems in chemical physics.
- Organising and sponsoring topical meetings.
- Circulating relevant information.
- Ensuring the interests of its members are adequately represented in the activities of the RSC and other bodies.
- The Group offers one main residential meeting and one or more one-day meetings each year: young scientists are encouraged to give presentations at these meetings.
- An annual newsletter.
- Bursaries for attendance at Group meetings.
- As a constituent group of the Association of British Spectroscopists (ABS), the SDG is represented at their meetings and individual members of the Group are automatically members of the ABS.
How to Join
RSC members can join the Spectroscopy and Dynamics Group by updating their details in the “My communities and subscriptions” tab of the online RSC membership area. Please click here to login and add to your list of Interest Groups.
Forthcoming events organised by the Spectroscopy and Dynamics Group.
Contact the Secretary
For further information on the Spectroscopy and Dynamics Group you can contact the Secretary, Dr Jemma Gibbard AMRSC.
Support for interest groups
Useful information and resources for all RSC interest groups.
Professor Vasilios Stavros FRSC, University of Warwick
Dr Basile Curchod MRSC, Durham University
Dr Jemma Gibbard AMRSC, Durham University
Contact the secretary