The Thermal Methods Group (TMG) is one of the RSC's many Interest Groups. The Interest Groups are member driven groups which exist to benefit RSC members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC's strategy and charter.
- To promote awareness of all thermoanalytical, calorimetric and related techniques.
- To act as a focus for thermal analysis in the UK and contribute to the furtherance of thermoanalytical and calorimetric techniques worldwide, through the support of European and international organisations in the field
- To encourage younger scientists working in thermal analysis to present their work to a wider audience by making the TMG Award to provide expenses at major European (ESTAC) and international (ICTAC) meetings
- To promote the education of thermal analysts by holding regular seminars and workshops and by encouraging the exchange of information between the instrument manufacturers and users of thermal equipment.
- A regular programme of scientific meetings, training workshops and publications.
- To organise a regular programme of meetings on thermal analysis, calorimetry and related techniques.
- To publish TMG News to keep Group members in touch with the proceedings of recent meetings, details of future meetings and developments in instrumentation, as well as the fortunes of their fellow thermal analysts.
How to Join
RSC members can join the Thermal Methods Group by updating their details in the “My communities and subscriptions” tab of the online RSC membership area. Please click here to login and add to your list of Interest Groups.
Information about current awards offered by the Thermal Methods Group.
In 2017 the Thermal Methods Group established the Mackenzie-Redfern Bursaries in memory of the Group’s founders.
Forthcoming events organised by the Thermal Methods Group.
Contact the Secretary
For further information on the Thermal Methods Group you can contact the Secretary, Dr Duncan Price MRSC.
Support for interest groups
Useful information and resources for all RSC interest groups.
Thermal Methods Group
Find out more about the activities of the RSC Thermal Methods Group.
MyRSC Thermal Methods Group
You will be required to register for MyRSC, then you can sign up to become a member of this group.
Connect with us
Connect with the Thermal Methods Group on LinkedIn.
Dr M D Antonijevic FRSC
University of Surrey
Dr Duncan Price MRSC
Edwards Vacuum Clevedon
Dr Duncan Price MRSC
Edwards Vacuum ClevedonContact the secretary
Mr Ian Priestley CChem MRSC
Dr Paul Matejschuk CChem MRSC
Network Liaisons Officer & IT Officer
Professor Ted Charsley CSci CChem FRSC
University of Greenwich at Medway