UK & Ireland
By registering your ChemSoc, you will become part of the SCS Network.
- provide you with resources and advice for running your ChemSoc
- funding for lectures, events and promotional materials
- connect you to other ChemSocs, local sections and businesses
Your ChemSoc will play a vital role in our university visits, helping to recruit new members and promoting us and our activities. You can also share feedback with us that will help shape the support we offer.
Why have a ChemSoc?
The roles played by our ChemSocs are varied, but all have the basic idea of allowing members to network internally with other members and have fun. Some have a social focus within their department, whereas others have events that are scientific or career themed. Most societies combine the two and strike a balance.
How can we help you?
How do I join the SCS Network?
We can provide:
- Grants of up to £100 or £250 to support lectures or other events
- Grants of up to £500 to support a series of events
- Freebie boxes for your events
- Help with advertising, and advice on running a successful ChemSoc
- Regular ChemSoc News
- Visits from our team and links to events
To join, just complete our online registration form.
You should re-register your ChemSoc each year.
We’ll keep your society up to date on Royal Society of Chemistry activities and you’ll be eligible for funding and networking opportunities.
Download the ChemSoc handbook for guidance on how to organise a ChemSoc and the support we can offer.