If you are working towards a work-based qualification such as a BTEC or Apprenticeship, joining the Royal Society of Chemistry as a worked based learner (Affiliate) gives you opportunities to gain additional recognition for your experience, connect you to a worldwide community and shows your passion for the chemical sciences.
Becoming an affiliate member means
Easy access to career information and resources
- Our career support is here to help; providing you with expert advice, online career planning and continuing professional development tools.
- You can get online access to the latest knowledge with Chemistry World, free article downloads, discounts to books or journals and access our historic library.
Getting recognised for your experience
- Gaining professional experience in the workplace whilst working towards a chemical sciences qualification means you might be eligible to apply for registered status. Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) and Registered Scientist (RSci) are both awards that formally recognise the skills you have developed in your working environment.
Meeting the right people at the right time
- We are a worldwide community of people who are passionate about the chemical sciences. Join us and you will have endless opportunities to connect with people that want to help you get ahead.
- Keep in touch with the chemistry happening where you are through your local section, or join divisions and interest groups to pursue your passions.
- Network with and learn from like-minded people at similar career stages through our online forums.
- Our members get discounts on everything from electronics and travel, to nights out and gym membership.