The people that make up our global community come from diverse cultures and have varied backgrounds and experiences.
We recognise the importance of valuing all members of our community; we believe that for the chemical sciences to prosper, they must attract, develop and retain a diverse range of talented people.
As a professional and membership body, and a leading voice for the chemistry community, we have a responsibility to promote inclusivity and accessibility in order to improve diversity.
Chemistry should be for everyone. We’re working to make that a reality.
Our approach to improving diversity
Our goal is to increase the diversity of people choosing the chemical sciences and fulfilling their potential for a truly inclusive community.
Key aims of our strategy to 2025
- Collate, analyse and use data to ensure an evidence-driven approach.
- Investigate perceptions of who can be a chemical scientist.
- Support early career chemists encompassing all career routes to the profession.
- Ensure fair and equal progression for talented chemical scientists.
- Learn from, and share with, our global partners the insight, knowledge and tools to progress inclusion and diversity across the chemical sciences worldwide.
Read more in the Strategy section.
Inclusion and diversity
- +44 (0) 1223 432203
- Send us an email