Watch the video of a round-table discussion, sponsored by the Royal Society of Chemistry and recorded live at the British Science Association's Huxley Summit, 2018.
Chaired by former BBC science correspondent Sue Nelson, the discussion focused on the uses, impacts and solutions to issues with single-use plastics with contributions from an expert panel:
- Deirdre Black, Royal Society of Chemistry
- Mary Creagh MP, Chair of the Environmental Audit Committee
- Niall Dunne, CEO of Polymateria
- Richard Kirkman, Veolia UK & Ireland
- Frederic Michel, Sky PLC & Ocean Ventures
- Alexandra Porter, Imperial College London
- Judy Proctor, Environment Agency
- Sophie Thomas, WRAP Board Member
- Suzanne Westlake, Ocado
The event took place on 28 November 2018, at the Royal Institution in London, hundreds of the UK’s leading figures in business, science and politics, discussing how society can overcome the challenges of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.