What's included in your membership?
As a Royal Society of Chemistry member, you have access to a suite of benefits as well as some that are tailored to your specific membership category and career stage. This ensures that your membership will give you the right support and the right tools to reach your potential at every stage of your career.
- Turn your knowledge and experience into a professional qualification that suits your career stage.
- Online career support and materials can support your career advancement and decision making.
- Our regular ChemCareers webinars offer insights and advice into different job choices and professional development opportunities.
- Use our online tool to help track and manage your professional development throughout your career.
- Access our database of approved training courses and save money on your own development needs.
- Through your local section you can meet members in your local areas and support our campaigns and activities.
- Our Divisions help you to stay informed of major developments in your field and exchange information and ideas.
- Join our Interest Groups to build networks themed around specific areas or applications of the chemical sciences.
- Attend one of our conferences to build your knowledge and share your research at a discounted member rate.
- Publish your research in one of our Open Access journal with a discounted member processing charge.
- Use your online access to Chemistry World to keep up to date with research, business news and policy as it affects the chemical science community.
- Download articles and eBooks from the Royal Society of Chemistry to maintain and enhance your chemical science knowledge.
- Visit our library in person or online to access chemical science textbooks, journals and databases from a range of sources.
- Our members receive discounts on our journal content and 35% off all items in our bookshop.
- Royal Society of Chemistry members receive discounts on third party products such as textbooks, CPD courses, professional indemnity, holidays, and much more.
Browse the membership categories and their eligibilty criteria listed below to find out more about their specific benefits.
Associate Member (AMRSC)
✓ Holds a first degree or equivalent experience in the chemical sciences
✓ Fewer than 3 years' professional experience
✓ More than 3 years' professional experience
✓ Holds a degree or equivalent experience in the chemical sciences
✓ Five years or more in a senior position
✓ Your efforts have made an impact in any field of the chemical sciences
Ready to upgrade?
If you're ready to move on to the next category of membership, use our online membership management system to upgrade your membership. You can also use this system to keep your details and subscription up to date.
- +44 (0) 1223 432141
- Send us an email