To be eligible to apply and represent the UK you should be:
- a chemical scientist in the early stages of their career (up to 10 years after completion of PhD excluding any career breaks)
- a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- working in academia, industry or a science institution
- living and working or studying in the United Kingdom
If you are interested in joining the First Commonwealth Chemistry Congress, please use the web form below to register interest with our External Relations team.
They will reply to you and ask you to submit the following:
1. A letter of application stating clearly why you should attend and in particular:
- how your research contributes to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- a personal statement indicating why you want to participate and the impact and benefit that you foresee to your future development as a chemist by attending this Congress
2. A short curriculum vitae
3. An abstract indicating the topic you would like to contribute to and the research that will form the basis for your poster presentation
4. A one-minute video (e.g. taken on a mobile phone or other device) where you describe the work you will present during the Congress
Completed applications should be submitted by 25 November 2019.
Application Evaluation Procedure
Each chemical society or university responsible for the evaluation will score the applications against the criteria described above.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by 30 November 2019.